Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Kweh
    Kweh
    Keymaster
    Cookies: 4170.00
    Level 4
    Kweh @

Well, it only took 5 and a half years, but I figure it’s a good time for us to have a meet-up.

Those of you that hang out on Discord will have heard murmurings of this for a little while now – mostly from me. If you aren’t on Discord yet, I really urge you to give it a go; there’s lots of older members coming around. It’s like an easier IRC, but for people who like games, and it has voice chat: clicky to join.

Anyway, I’m looking to arrange a meet-up Stateside (to begin with) for QT peeps. Looking somewhere around Sept/Oct time, so there’s lots of time to plan and sort everything out. And since I’m the one planning it from the other side of ‘The Pond’, that time is definitely needed!

As for location, I’m looking at somewhere near Dallas/Fort Worth in Texas. Mostly because that’s Syn’s home turf, and it would be wrong to host the first one anywhere but her stomping grounds.

What I need for now is a virtual show-of-hands for if this is something you’re a) not bothered about; b) vaguely interested in; c) super interested in, so I can start looking at accommodation and other such fancy things.

tl;dr version:

• QT Meetup in Texas in Sept/Oct of this year
    • Can you come/are you actually interested in going?

Thank you for your time. Please resume normal weekend service.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Kweh Kweh. Reason: Updated Discord link
    Profile photo of Skree
    Skree
    Participant
    Cookies: 72.00
    Level 1
    Skree @

1. :0 Birthday is around this time, so I’d be all fors it.
    2. Very interest. Much interest. Depends on funds and weather. If happening, will need plenty of notice (aka: Start saving now) so that Ivaan and I can make an appearance…. or I go to my parents and find some way to pop in for a day or something idk.

Profile photo of LelianaKatana
    LelianaKatana
    Participant
    Cookies: 3.00
    Level 1
    LelianaKatana @

Would be very interested in going but probably won’t make it due to finances, going down to Texas would mean at least 2 flights for me + accommodation and etceteras and considering all the things I’m saving for I can say with about 90% certainty I won’t be able to make it as much as I’d like to 🙁 I will patiently wait and cross my fingers for a European meetup!

Profile photo of Kweh
    Kweh
    Keymaster
    Level 4
    Kweh @

Accommodation is something for me to worry about. It’ll likely just be a couple/few days. I’ll be over for a bit longer, though.

Plan is – depending on interest levels – I’ll rent out a vacation/holiday apartment for a few days for however many people are coming – works out cheaper than hotel rooms, plus we can stay up all night having LAN parties and pizza funtimes.

I know some people are less able (financially) for accommodation or what-have-you, so I don’t expect everyone to pay an equal portion of the accommodation costs. Rule of thumb: don’t take the piss. 🙂

Foxy
    Participant
    Cookies: 51.00
    Level 1
    Foxy @

I’d love to join, but i cant as im not anywhere near that :/ EVen the flight tickets are expensive. Atleast 1000€ in one way + accomodation)idk how much would that be). Soo yeah, i think ill have to pass it. Im sorry, but tbh, it seems really great idea. If there is gonna be EU meeting, i hope it will be near me xD

Profile photo of Kweh
    Kweh
    Keymaster
    Level 4
    Kweh @

@Foxy there will be an EU one after this one, for sure. So, don’t worry! 😀

Foxy
    Participant
    Cookies: 51.00
    Level 1
    Foxy @

@kweh Wohooooo xD

Profile photo of ChaosInertia
    ChaosInertia
    Participant
    Cookies: 10.00
    Level 1
    ChaosInertia @

Very interested to meet people.

if this had happened last year I would already live an hour away but now it would be a 13-15 hour drive from Georgia but worth it.

look forward to possibly meeting people 🙂

Profile photo of Kweh
    Kweh
    Keymaster
    Level 4
    Kweh @

Awesome!

Profile photo of Chi-Ro
    Chi-Ro
    Participant
    Cookies: 22.00
    Level 1
    Chi-Ro @

B: vaguely interested.

That’s either a 12 hour drive or $77-$137 flight (I know, could be way worse, but I’m poor). If someone was along I-20 or I-30 I could pick up along the way to carpool, save on gas and share driving I’d be much more inclined.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.